Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 9 June 2014

Boyhood Reminiscences


When I was younger, I used to collect model cars, just like any other boy. My favourite was Matchbox, as they came in a small yellow and blue card box, that actually looked like a matchbox.  Others brands were Corgi & Dinky.

There was generally 75 models in the series, which were updated every so often with different colours or new vehicles.

I never had this crane in my collection, as it was made before I was born. I picked it up from a stall at Wollaton Park's car show for 50p. If it was mint and boxed, then it would be worth about £50.  Still its nice to have, even though the jib is broken and the paint is a bit chipped. But it's not bad for something that is about 52 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.