Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 22 August 2015

All Aboard


Phew, I've had a busy day today.

Firstly I took some photos to a local shop where I have a small display, as part of Beeston's week long Arts Trail. Then I went to the launch of the Arts Trail at the White Lion, where I saw a storyteller I know called Melvyn. He plays a character called Professor Popup, but could be an incarnation of Doctor Who.


I then went down to Beeston Marina to see the World War 2 landing craft that is moored there. It was going on a rare voyage along the canal to Nottingham. Instead of taking soldiers, for which it was designed for, it was taking passengers on a trip for which they had paid a fare, which was going towards a couple of local charities. I didn't go on the trip, as I had some shopping to do.

Then this evening I went to Proms in the Park. Jeanie Barton was singing. I wasn't sure whether it would be going ahead, as there was a terrific rainstorm about half an hour before it was due to start. But things were OK and so I popped down to see her. Her family were there too, so I had a chat to them whilst listening to Jeanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.