Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 5 January 2016

Flushed With Success


Beeston based punk band The Despot Cleaners, recently asked me to sort out a photograph or two for their new EP, which would be called 'Flushed With Success'.

Their lead singer Ray Stray said that he didn't want the usual 'band shot', but still wanted to keep the toilet theme, as their first single featured a pile of dog mess on the cover, as the title was 'S*** Hits the Fan'.

A bit of a strange request, and a puzzling one too. So I spent a couple of lunchtimes walking around the streets, looking for inspiration. I was in luck, as I came across a pile of rubbish from a building renovation and low & behold, there was an old loo, peeking out from the waste.  Just the thing. And an old waste bin, just the thing for placing the title on.

Ray was delighted with the finished photograph and artwork. I can't say that I like their sort of music much. But I'm happy to see my work get a wider audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.