Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 11 January 2016

Nowie Bowie


The world woke up today with the news that musician David Bowie had died, a few days after his 69th birthday.

I can't honestly say that I am a big fan of his music. Some songs are quite enjoyable to listen to, for example Changes, Let's Dance and Ashes to Ashes.

But my blog today isn't so much about the man, it's more about one of his assistants, who just happened to be my late brother Tony.  He's on the left of this photo, that one of his daughters sent me some years ago.

Tony was with him in the early 70s and apparently was on Bowie's first Ziggy Stardust tour of the States.

I had lost touch with Tony, but managed to reconnect with him just before he died. He may still be alive today, but he somehow got involved in that crazy fake religion, Scientology, and one of their 'rules' is that you can't take medicine.   So he didn't take his pills and sadly died 10 years ago.

So now they are reunited in that rock n roll land that's just said hello to Lemmy. You begin to wonder who's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.